I’ve lived my life according to these pieces of good advice:
- Short cuts make long delays.
- Everything has been thought of once, the problem is to think of it again.
- Don’t hesitate to buy tools. If you have them, you’ll use them, if you don’t have them, you’ll wish you did.
- More haste, less speed.
- Never read any of the “Shannara” books.
- Salads and sandwiches taste better when someone else makes them.
- Each cat, his rat.
- Field artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
- Hunger makes the best sauce.
- Don’t drive drunk. Don’t even putt.
- Neckties are too small to be good bibs, and too big to stay out of the way.